Friday, April 09, 2010

That Was Strike Two

I may have mentioned that I got new neighbours a while ago. The house next door seems to have cycled through a few since my old neighbours left (I really liked them and I wish they hadn't moved). Not one of those people have been good neighbours. They've all ranged from annoying to completely obnoxious.
The latest batch, however, have been something special. One of the most interesting interesting things to note is that I actually know one of the people living there. She's an ex co-worker.
I think she should be glad that she's an ex and not current co-worker.
The last couple of weeks have gone about the same. Clearly more than one person in the house gets every other Friday off because every other Thursday they all go out and party. So at around 2.30am they all show up back at home, loud, drunk and obnoxious. Right outside my bedroom window.
I have to get up at 6.30am to get ready for work. So you can imagine how frustrating it is to be woken up and kept awake for an hour listening to the stupid drunks outside and my dog having a spaz attack.
Yeah.
So here's the deal, neighbours of mine. Last night was strike two. I'm finished. We're not doing this again in two weeks time because I've had quite enough.
If this happens again, I will be calling the cops. Make no mistake, I am not fucking with you. My sleep means more to me than your fun. And you know what? I won't lose a minute of it to feeling bad for doing it either.

2 comments:

Janna said...

I might make a good neighbor.
I'm usually very quiet, and my pets are always indoors.

You might have to occasionally put up with hearing me practice the french horn... is that ok?

Gwenhwyfar said...

I'm totally okay with that as long as you're okay with occasionally hearing me playing music at an increased volume.